HOW TO APPLYYou will need to apply directly to NCAT Folio Preparation, not through VTAC. Please note that we are listed in the VTAC Guide though.
We accept applications from mid year onwards. On receiving your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time. We interview students from August onwards. Applications after December will be accepted, however only early applications can be guaranteed a place in the course.
You will be required to bring some creative work to your interview to give us an idea of your existing skills and interests. This could include some evidence of drawing/design/art work or any other supplementary information you regard as creative.
Applicants to this course MUST have satisfactorily completed the VCE/VCAL senior or if over 21, be able to display equivalency to VCE/VCAL Senior through experience. We understand that you may not have received final VCE/VCAL results on application but be aware that NCAT Folio Preparation course offers are provisional on you successfully gaining your VCE or VCAL Senior qualification.
Application forms are available online at ncat.vic.edu.au or by downloading a form by clicking the button below.
For further information about the course or to submit an application, please contact:
NCAT Folio Preparation
Telephone: (03) 9478 1333
Email : NCATfoliopreparation@gmail.com
FOLIO PREPARATION IS DESIGNED TO:
- Provide students with a tailor-made program that suits their individual needs & requirements
- Build student’s confidence and creative maturity
- Improve students’ practical and conceptual skills, and provide them with a substantial body of practical work for Tertiary interview and entrance.
- Provide detailed careers research and counselling to enable students to make informed choices regarding the multitude of art & design courses and careers on offer
- Introduce students to new media
- Introduce students to the Adobe suite of computer programs including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign, building their creative computer skills to a proficient level
- Cater for a range of skills and interests, from beginners to advanced students
- Enable mature-aged students seeking a career change to build their practical and conceptual skills and to create a comprehensive portfolio
- Enable students to trial a wide range of skills and techniques in either art or design discipline
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSION
6PM TUESDAY 17 OCTOBER
NORTHERN COLLEGE OF THE ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
62 MURRAY ROAD, PRESTON